Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Um, I guess she's right...

While I was upstairs cleaning out a closet, Shelby was busy running up and down the stairs, doing whatever she does when I'm not paying 100% attention.  She screamed from downstairs, "Mom, what is on the floor?"  I just ignored it.  She then ran up the stairs, asking again, "What is that on the floor?"  It then occurred to me I should probably investigate a little further, so I asked her what it looked like.

You could see her little wheels turning, then she finally announced, "A LOBSTER!"  At that point I decided I had better go see this "lobster" for myself.  I had to admit she was right when I saw one of these on the floor:

The cutest scorpion image I could find
We've seen lots of scorpions in our house since moving in, but the fact that my precious first born daughter found this one on her own makes me hate them even more!

4 comments:

Juanita said...

Yikes - that's one of my biggest fears. Ash finds centipedes too and just yells "bug, bug, bug!" Good thing Shelby left it alone!

Anonymous said...

I think it is just another sign of her brilliance. Who would think to say lobster?

Team Seghs said...

O. M. G. Your delivery of the story is great though!

Rita said...

Oh my GAHSH - I cannot unpucker my hiney! That is AWFUL!