Sunday, December 18, 2011

You Get What You Get, and You Don't Throw a Fit!

Sorry, co-workers, for the crappy gifts you are about to receive.  Just know they are from the heart, even if they are ultra-ugly!  

Our employer recently adopted a new policy that mandated no one could bring a non-clear purse, cup, lunch box, uniform, etc. into the pharmacy.  I get why they did this.  After all, we do work around narcotics...but, it's really hard for 6 women to no longer carry a purse.  We've been doing it for a collective 125 years between us.  We need our belongings within eyesight, or we just feel lost.  

With this in mind, I decided to sew lovely clear "purses" for everyone for Christmas.  Take a gander:
U.G.L.Y!  But, functional.  

My favorite.  Matches the fabric-covered calender I made.

I thought the ric-rac would make it cute.  I was wrong.


Really odd size and shape.  Sorry gals!
Note to self, NEVER try French seams on heavy vinyl.  
 You think Coach is going to be calling soon to make me head designer of the clear-purse division?  Yep, I have my doubts too...

No comments: