Sunday, November 27, 2011

Trying to Get Into the Spirit

Christmas is only 28 days away.  In my best effort to get into the holiday spirit, I purchased the Elf on the Shelf.  I had seen some amazing things people had done with their elves and wanted to steal some ideas.  Just google it to see what I mean! The idea is that the elf picks a new place each morning to be discovered.  We've now caught him in the chip bowl, munching on Tostitos, on the couch, watching tv, and hanging out in Haley's room watching her be naughty nice.

First things first, we had to name our elf.  After much deliberation, the girls came up with "PeePaw Elf".  I'm guessing since my dad, PeePaw, and his family were here visiting for Thanksgiving, the girls were heavily influenced by his presence!  So, without further adieu, meet PeePaw Elf:

Silly PeePaw stole the remote!

So far, they aren't buying his "magic" powers of reporting good/bad behavior to Santa at night.  I guess my hopes were a little too high...

In another attempt to lift my Christmas glee, I pulled all the stuff from the attic to decorate.  After putting up our Christmas "Palm" tree (a gift from my sister years ago that I absolutely LOVE), I climbed into the attic to find the rest of the crap decorations.  That is when I discovered this beauty:

Nope, this is not a model from an anatomy class!
It is a battery operated candle.  It melted.  All over a snowman rug.  Nope, that is NOT normal.  Except in extreme heat...So, I guess my attempts to get into the winter holiday spirit did work a little with the reminder that this past summer's heat is something I never want to see again.  Bring on the snow and cold!

No comments: