Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Trick and Two Treats

When the going gets tough, I get busy.  I deal with stress by putting it into overdrive at home.  So, this week, I dealt with my troubles by making some of the fun Halloween ideas I had on my pinterest boards.

The first project was treats for Shelby's classmates.  It was super easy and fun to do with the girls.  The tutorial can be found here.  I added a ribbon through the top with a tag saying "from shelby".  The only problem was that I bought the "big pack", so the printable labels weren't quite big enough.


Next were some fun deviled egg eyeballs.  These turned out better than I expected and were a big hit!

Finally, I made one more treat for the special trick-or-treaters in the neighborhood.  The lucky ones will be getting one of these:


The not-so-lucky ones will be getting one of these:  (I ran out of white chocolate...)


The tutorial can be found at one of my favorite websites, howdoesshe.com.  I made the mistake of letting Shelby and Haley help out on this one, and I think Bryon was ready to throw the whole mess in the trash after the eighth time I yelled, "Stop eating all the eyeballs!! Stop touching that!!  No, you can't eat another cookie!!"  

Enough with the Halloween creations.  Time to move on to Christmas!  Just wait 'til I have another stressful week to see what's up my sleeve.

No comments: