Saturday, June 4, 2011

First Fireworks Show

When I was a kid, I was scared to death of fireworks.  The first presentation I remember seeing was in the backyard of some friends of my parents that lived near the stadium where the city of Spearman was launching its fireworks.  I clung to my mom and cried the whole time while the rest of the kids were thrilled.  

Needless to say, I was a little worried about taking Shelby and Haley out to see their first fireworks show last night.  HA!  I should have known they would love every minute of it and would be much braver than I ever was.  

Haley pointed at the sky for 15 straight minutes!
The show is presented every Friday night on Grapevine Lake during the summer.  The girls were fascinated by it and loved just being out on the boat up past bedtime.  Shelby's comment on the way home was "FAN-TAS-TIC!"  

OOOHHH!!!  AAAHHH!!!

No comments: