Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Ugliest Gift Wrapping, EVER!

In my previous life (before kids), I loved spending a whole day carefully wrapping my Christmas gifts.  I would use coordinating wrapping paper, make my own fancy bows, drink hot chocolate, and listen to Christmas music.  It was lovely.

Present day doesn't allow such luxuries.  Kids love nothing more than to rip open gifts, especially when told not to touch them for awhile.  What's a girl to do?  Sew her presents, of course!  So far, not one gift has been broken into.

I started by having the girls make a huge mess with paint on craft paper.
 I then cut out the paper, sewed some silly designs, stuffed the gift inside, and "hemmed" it up.  I've managed to put a few under our Christmas palm tree.
 It's been fun using some of the decorative stitches on the sewing machine.


 Sewing a perfect circle is next to impossible, as seen on the left Christmas tree.

 My sister, Molly, gets the shaft every year, since her birthday is 3 days before Christmas.  Not only is she getting the dreaded "this is your birthday and Christmas gift all in one," so is the wrapping.  It's a birthday/Christmas creation!




The middle one is supposed to be a peppermint candy...um, yeah, not so much...but it was fun trying!

This fun project works well on the small gifts, but the big ones will be a little difficult.  Those may just get a single bow right before we do the gift opening.

1 comment:

Molly said...

These were by far the cutest gifts ever. You (and the girls) outdid yourselves!