Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Modern Version of a Quilting Bee


In 2011, I will be doing something I've never done before--quilting!  My cousin-in-law, Wendy, is fearlessly guiding me, and whoever else wants to join us,  through all the steps.  On her blog, she will be posting sew-a-long steps and will be holding my timid hand the whole way.  Join us in making a doll-sized quilt here.


Per Wendy's direction, I purchased two light and two dark fabrics.  The four I picked are from the Quite Contrary line from Riley Blake.
Love those berries!



I also picked up some supplies at Joann's.  If anyone in the DFW area has a favorite fabric/supplies store other than Joann's, PLEASE contact me.  My frustration with them is mounting!  

Who knew 100% cotton batting was so hard to find?

I can't wait to get started and will keep my eager blog-reading fans informed of my progress!                 

1 comment:

Molly said...

Frustration with Joanne's? What happened? I thought you were a loyal customer.