Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A True Circus

I'm only 2 weeks late posting about Shelby's last day of pre-preschool.  Go me.  I blame a funeral, a wedding, a full-time job, and my nanny, who is on maternity leave until July. I've been just a wee bit overwhelmed...

Her hair may not be braided, but at least I remembered to put her in the right shirt on the last day!




Anyway, back to the circus!  Shelby's cute little school, CCDC, put on one big blowout for the last day.  There was a petting zoo, trains, clowns, and pizza.   Haley even managed to weasel her way into the zoo and train bit.  She never takes "No" for an answer!

Rabbits, a pig, a llama, and several goats kept my girls quite happy for awhile.  Then, this goat had the nerve to try to eat Haley's hair.
This "straw" sure is shiny and tasty!

She FREAKED out.  After some convincing her that the goat didn't have teeth and really just liked the smell of it (ha!), she decided she would give him another chance, but not before giving that little bully a classic Haley pouty face.

Hey, goat, don't mess with me again.

The llama got a warning look too
I was proud of my brave girls.  Of the 12 girls in Shelby's class, only 6 of them left Ms. Nicole's side to go brave the animal petting.   Poor Ms. Nicole had to stand in the corner protecting the other 6 from the evil bunnies!


It was then time to load the kids up in the train.  I have to admit I was more scared of the train driver than the hair-eating goat.  He kept a big whistle in his mouth the whole time blowing it a little too often.  It made me jump with every blast.  Plus, it looked like a cigar at first glance.  
See?  I bet you thought it was a cigar too!

He drove the "train" around using an ATV as the engine.  I had NO idea those ATV's could pull that much weight and still drive around at 80 mph. Or, at least with my engineering background, I roughly calculated his speed to be between 65 and 90 mph.  

Slow down there, Speedy!
Needless to say, my daredevils LOVED it.  The faster Speedy Gonzales drove, the more they squealed.   


Special thanks to Ms. Nicole for making such special memories for my 3-year-old!  We went home with an awesome CD of the music the kids had been listening to all year, a scrap book of all of Shelby's artwork, and her journal.  I loved seeing how much she had learned throughout the year, and she was so proud to tell me about each creation.  I am looking forward to next year, keeping my fingers crossed that Haley gets a teacher that is stronger and smarter than her...

No comments: