Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Round One


The Pfaff household had three rounds of Christmas this year, so I'll be posting about each one. You might want to down a Red Bull before reading, as it will be getting a little boring!

Round One was celebrated with my dad and his wife, Christy, her kids, Loren and Vikki, Molly, Marc, Carly, and Conrad. I had the brilliant idea of dragging everyone to see the ICE! exhibit at the Gaylord Hotel. I had been the past two years and loved it. In fact, the Gaylord probably owes me money for all of the people I have encouraged to go.

All of that came to a screeching halt this year, my friends. The Gaylord is now on my "Do Not Patronize" list, as we had to stand in line with about 3,000 other people for well over an hour, even though we had tickets for a specific time. As we like to say in my family, "Things just got out of hand." By the time we actually got inside to see the Grinch in ice, we were all sweating and itching from the big blue parkas we were wearing.

Here's Bryon trying his best to keep a toddler entertained:

And here's the infamous parkas:


After bonding with all of the rest of DFW, we came home to open gifts. Round one's winner of "Most Favorite Gift" went to the stroller Shelby got from Dad and Christy.
She hasn't stopped pushing that thing around yet!


All in all, we had a great time and ate like pigs. Stay tuned for rounds two and three!

No comments: