Monday, October 11, 2010

Can something that sucks be all that great?

My vacuum works perfectly fine.  It makes nice, pretty lines in the carpet like it should.  It even claims to clean allergens and crap out of the air.  Who am I to question it?  The only complaint I have is that it is HEAVY.  I work up a sweat once a month (ha!) using it in the hallway to pick up smooshed crackers.  Gloria, my dear housekeeper/nanny, probably curses it once a week...

Anyway, several people had told me how the Dyson had changed their lives.  REALLY?  To tell the truth, I wasn't really buying it.  My shopping bible, Consumer Reports, told me it wasn't worth the price and that "ball" thing was just a gimmick.  Again, who was I to question it?

Well, I fell for that gimmick this week.  I blame Target.  For the whole month, employees each got one coupon for 40% off a Dyson.  Considering they never go on sale, it got my attention.  I have a real problem passing up a good deal.  Label something at "75% off", and I'm drawn to it like a moth to a flame, even if it is something I really don't need.  Needless to say, I couldn't let it go.

After three short assembly steps, I quickly put my two-year-old to work.  I'll let you know what Gloria thinks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mon, I have to say I LOVE my Dyson (that I happened to get at 75% off, luv the senior team lead that brought me the offer of that display model/markdown/) I am going to use my 40% off on the handvac........

Diane