Tuesday, September 11, 2012

La Cucaracha

A friend and I took our kids to the Sea Life Aquarium at Grapevine Mills Mall today.  As usual, my kids had a blast looking at all the creatures.  Shelby even noticed the octopus was smaller than last time, only to find out the previous octopus had to "retire".  Goes to show how observant I am...I didn't even realize it was a different size!

None of these are my kids.  My camera was dead...
The Interactive Rockpool is always a highlight, where the kids can touch all kinds of creatures.  My girls are so much braver than I ever was, eagerly petting the sea stars, snails, hermit crabs, horseshoe crabs, and something called a "shark egg".  I had to google that one to learn all about it.
Shark egg

After the aquarium adventure, we took the kids to the food court.  While trying to keep 3 crazy girls at the table eating their Sbarro pizza, Shelby decided to crawl around on the floor for a minute.  I finally managed to get her back in her seat.  Unsuspectingly, I asked her what was in her hand.  

*Warning:  the faint of heart should not read past this point!!*

Little did I know, she had caught a COCKROACH on the floor and was hoping to play with it at the table.  I tried to be as casual about it as possible, as I want my kids to be way cooler around creatures than their mama.  But, I really wanted to scream, toss all the food in the trash, and make a run for it.  HUGE thanks goes out to Ms. Alicia for coming to my rescue with the sanitizing wipes and a smile.  

Needless to say, the next time we go to the aquarium, we are not visiting the food court, no matter how yummy that Sbarro smells.

No comments: