- Stopped by Guardado Landscaping. Bought an agave plant. Chatted with the salesgirl for a full 15 minutes without any interruptions from the kids.
- Randomly discovered the best fabric store in DFW, The Cabbage Rose. Spent an hour in my own little heaven looking at all the fun patterns and colors.
- Dropped $150 at the liquor store, and enjoyed laughing at the drunk guy trying to find 100 proof vodka.
- Mailed a "Coping-with-two-kids Survival Kit" to our dear friends, Joe and Susan.
- Stopped by Target to pick up a plastic storage unit for my closet and some Round Up for my weeds.
- Cleaned every single nook and cranny in my house and realized just how hard it is to simply walk around my house with kids demanding my constant attention.
- Hemmed a dress for my nanny, Gloria and some pj's for Shelby.
First attempt at alterations....dress is now shorter by a foot!
- Organized all our meds, creams, sunscreens, etc. Label makers make me happy. And, I might be a nerd.
See all those cute labels? It's as organized as a drug store.
- Went to dinner at Cafe Italia with my hubby. Since it is BYOB and we didn't have to pay a sitter, I sprung for the expensive champagne to enjoy with our meal. Like Italian? You MUST go to this little hole in the wall and order a steak!
- Went to Lowes. Bought tons of flowers and two sago palms to replace the dead ones in our front yard.
- Converted Haley's crib into a toddler bed. Find out why here. Also hung a painting in her room that had been sitting on her dresser for two months waiting to be attached to the wall.
- Planted agave, two sago palms (too shallow), and some ground cover.
I hope you like your new home, Mr. Agave!
- Filled out my new dry erase-magnetic-weekly menu planner and headed to the grocery store.
Wonder how long this will last...
- Remembered how wonderful grocery shopping can be without kids.
- Cooked a Poppy Seed casserole to freeze for nights I do not want to cook.
Love those freezer casseroles!
- Made Paula Deen's "Not yo' mama's banana pudding" to take to mom's on Easter. Resisted temptation to have just a tiny bowl.
- Savored my quiet house for a few minutes and then went to
save my mompick up the kids.
All in all, I would say I accomplished everything on my list. It was indeed a Good Friday!